A large number of experts experienced in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis were involved in formulating a consensus statement on the use of B cell-targeted treatment with rituximab in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. The statement was supported by data from randomised controlled clinical trials and the substantial literature on oncology. The statement underwent three rounds of discussions until its ultimate formulation. It should guide clinicians in the use of this newly approved biological agent in treating patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- ACR, American College of Rheumatology
- SCDAI, Simplified composite Disease Activity Index
- DAS28, 28-joint Disease Activity Score
- DMARD, disease-modifying antirheumatic drug
- HACA, human antichimeric antibody
- MTX, methotrexate
- SDAI, simplified Disease Activity Index
- TNF, tumour necrosis factor
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.